As you navigate the complex world of website hosting, you’ll continuously come across what’s referred to as Managed WordPress Hosting. If you aren’t aware of the different hosting options, then it’s easy to become confused regarding this type of hosting plan. What exactly is the difference between a managed plan and any other? More importantly, is there a benefit of choosing managed WordPress hosting over, let’s say, a shared host?
While determining the ideal hosting plan for you can be a confusing and complicated task, the best place to start is at the beginning. With that in mind, let’s dive into the benefits and possibilities of a WordPress managed hosting plan.
Our Recommendation: WPEngine is our #1 pick for managed WordPress hosting.
Managed WordPress Hosting – What Is It?
Essentially, Managed WordPress hosting is a streamlined plan designed specifically for WordPress websites. While most standard, or shared, hosting plans support WordPress architecture, these plans are specifically created to handle the various intricacies of this unique website platform.
So, why is this important? Unlike static HTML websites, WordPress sites require a specific level of care and security to ensure it operates without a hitch. Unlike other hosting plans, which are designed to support a generic website, managed WordPress hosts feature capabilities outlined to keep your website up-and-running.
Managed WordPress Hosting – Benefits and Advantages
As you can imagine, there are many benefits of a managed WordPress hosting plan. These include both on-page and back-end technical advantages. Some of the most prominent include:
- Installation of WordPress
- Automatic WordPress Updates and Configuration
- Managed Plugin Support and Updates
- Automatic WordPress Backups
- WordPress-Specific Security Monitoring
- Performance Tweaking for Optimum Accessibility
There are obviously several unique advantages of choosing this type of hosting plan. These include:
- Technical Oversight – You don’t have to worry about tweaking the technical infrastructure of your site, this is all taken care of for you.
- Update Compatibility – Have you ever updated your WordPress site only to find out that it crashed? You’ll never have to worry about this with a Managed WordPress Hosting Plan.
- Better Security – This is an important advantage, especially when you’re using a shared server. With a dedicated IT support, you can rest assured that your website and its content are protected from malicious attacks.
- No Previous Experience – If you’ve never used a WordPress website before, choosing a managed hosting plan is perhaps the best choice you can make. All you have to worry about is creating the visual design and content of your site. This is an optimum choice for novice webmasters.
Is Managed WordPress Hosting Your Best Option?
While it’s easy to say “yes,” the real answer boils down to your specific goals and previous experience. According to WebHostingBuddy, if you’re the type of person who enjoys learning new technical skills, then you may find a managed hosting plan to hands-off for your liking.
However, if you wish to instantly dive into creating a beautiful and functional website without having to learn the technical side of hosting a digital platform, then a managed WordPress hosting plan is like your ideal choice.